Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Final Breath

{here's one from the archives. I wrote this poem a little over a year ago. It touches on the end as a new beginning, the true beginning and is hopefully just a graceful view of how our departure from earth will feel less like a departure, more like an arrival. The rhyming scheme laces together the 1st and 3rd line of each stanza with the 2nd line of the following stanza. um yeah, that took me a while. (:}

This is the end of me
my final breath
new life to be

The new life stills my lungs
it's ecstasy
it's old to younge

I'm hearing voices of
unspoken tounges
that speak in love

The dancing will begin
we'll dance above
forgiven sin

This is the start for me
with servant grin

new life to be

5 comments:

  1. I love poetry I have to read over and over in order to catch all the meanings and intricate details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so needed to read that today. Thanks for posting it! It's pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and thank you, katie for your post today. good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to speak in love. Whoever accomplishes this should never be alone.

    ReplyDelete