Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cobbler of the Cracked Sole - an acoustic song

I was enslaved
And depraved
Killed and graved my first season

Here’s my depiction
Of eviction
And the friction of self-treason

I scraped and clawed
And fought the fight, enforced the law
Only to get arrested
The chains dispensed in
Legalistic lies and phony facts had fenced in
My freedom

But I still stand
For I stand with You
Cobbler of the cracked sole

I sat for hours
As the powers
Grew their flowers out my ear holes
Geranium lies
Filled my eyes,
I despised thieving pride's tolls

The more I paid
The more the mess was mis-confessed
The actor’s mask adds pressure
The twisted ties of
Traps and trust and lust and all that that implies is
So stunning

But I still stand
For I stand with you
Cobbler of the cracked sole

(there is a spoken word portion at the end of this song. I'll post it separately since that portion is a poem all its own.)

2 comments:

  1. i'm thinking you probably will. i'll be going in to record an acoustic ep later this year and this one will probably be on the list. if not, i'll just have to play it for ya next time i'm in town. :)

    ReplyDelete